Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Research Help Needed!

Greetings all! 

I'm continuing to work on a project about how people feel about different types of sentences. I'd love some more participants! The links are NOT mobile optimized, so please take them from a desktop or laptop. Here's the announcement:

My name is Paul Reed. I'm a PhD candidate in the Linguistics Program at the University of South Carolina. I am working on a project with Dr. Stan Dubinsky and I am writing to see if you would be willing to take a few minutes to take some surveys to help facilitate our research (the links for which are included at the bottom of this post in no particular order). The experiments that we're asking you to participate in are part of a project aimed at finding out more about how the English language works, (in particular) examining how Modern American English is perceived. Each survey involves rating sound clips based on the acceptability of various sentences and should only take about 15 minutes to do. There are no restrictions on participation eligibility; we welcome responses from anyone that is interested, including: students, faculty/staff, and anyone outside of academia, as well as both native and non-native speakers of English. Please feel free to pass this request along to anyone that you think might be interested in participating. There is no compensation offered for participating, except, of course, the good feeling of helping someone out!

If you have questions or feedback, feel free to contact me at reedpe@email.sc.edu.

Thanks!

Survey 1

Survey 2


3 comments:

  1. I'm just curious if the intent with the two surveys so similar was to see if the same person answered the same way both times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ghardym, I'll post after I take everything down explaining everything. Thanks for participating! Check back soon!

    ReplyDelete